ALL OF MY CARD CREATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE LORRAINE

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Poinsettia Flower Pot Card






POINSETTIA FLOWER POT CARD

I think I'm hooked on this style of card again! I Love this flower pot. This is definitely a versatile base for all occasions. I am not the original designer of this style of card. I did see it posted on the Cricut MB, and this is my design based on the original. I would like to give credit to the original designer, but I don't know who that is. I used Winter Woodland Cartridge for the flowers. Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge also has a poinsettia (pg. 69). Well lets get started making this card!
















CARD BASE

Cut card stock at 3-1/2" x 9". Score at 2" and 5-1/2". Fold at score lines having the 2" flap facing the front of the card.














Cut a small angled section off both sides of the card. This will give it the flower pot shape.















Cut a piece of green card stock at 4-1/2"x2-1/2". Cut a 2-1/4"x4-14" in red. Adhere the red piece on top of the green card stock. I then cut a piece of red card stock to add to the top flap of the card. My paper was not double sided and I wanted a solid color for the pot rim. I used the Snow Flurry punch by Martha Stewart at the edge of the pot rim. I added a 1" strip of white card stock and glued it to the backside. This made the snowflakes really show up. Add some ribbon and tie in a bow. Adding pop dots to the underside of the rim will give the card some dimension. On the inside of the card, run adhesive no wider than 1/4" width on the outer edge of the card. Close your card to tape together. The card should now have a pocket wide enough for your card insert to fit.



















This is what your card should look like at this point.















Insert your rectangle card into the pot. This will make it easier to determine the placement of your poinsettias. I used the Winter Woodland cartridge to cut my flowers at 2-1/2"(page 40).

Two flowers were cut for each poinsettia. Adhere the first flower to the leaves. I coated the second flower in versa mark, and added embossing powder. Heat set your powder. If you miss a spot, and the embossing powder did not cover completely, you can coat the section in versa mark again, and add embossing powder a second time, and heat again. This gives the flowers a nice glossy finish.
Place the flowers on the rectangle portion of the card using pop-dots. Make sure you do not put pop-dots on the flower pot. If you do your card will not open.

I hope you have fun making is card. I have so many ideas in my head for Christmas themed flower pot cards. Try using holly leaves. There are so many winter greens that would look great trailing down the pot. Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment