ALL OF MY CARD CREATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE LORRAINE

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Decorations using the Cricut

I wanted to dress up my mantel for the fall, and Thanksgiving holiday.  I used Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More  for the Tag.  Which was cut at 11.24"x5.9" on my Gypsy.  This allowed me to cut six tags on one mat.  The letters were cut at 1" using Gypsy Font.  I cut the oval shapes with my spell binder dies, and added dimensionals between the layers, and also added the pop dots to the back of each letter.  I then tied each letter to some thick twine with red ribbon.  I almost forgot to mention the turkey that separates the two words.  He was cut using the Imagine.  For the glass block, I cut the tree, and the scarecrow using the Celebrate With Flourish Cricut cartridge.  I didn't make a note of the size for these two cuts.  I did adjust the sizes with my Gypsy so that they would fit just right on the size of my block.  I cut the images for the block out of thick black cardstock, and added removable glue dots, and adhered them to the block.  This way when I get ready to decorate the block for Christmas, I can just remove the fall image and store it in a file.  I didn't want to have several blocks for every holiday, so I will just keep redecorating the same one.  Less stuff to store.  
Lorraine


7 comments:

  1. Super clever idea to reuse the block!!! Love all of the details and thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine this is so fabulous! I am having a challenge at my blog this would fit in perfectly if you care to link it up!
    Karen
    www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Karen I am headed to your blog. Thanks
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the banner I need to do one of these for my mantel. The glass block is neat. I'm afriad to do some etching, not sure how thats why.LOL

    vickie'sscrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorraine thanks for linking up your project I so appreciate it! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH how cute that is. I really need to keep that in mind for christmas. AWESOME Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! Wish I had a mantle to hang one on. Thanks for your insriration!!

    ReplyDelete